Saturday 11 August 2012

... it's a dolly fine life....

Summer has definitely arrived (enfin!), and what an amazing time we have had here at Les Soeurs - and a few more to look forward to before we unwind.  

Oolie's edible scraps

We're always delighted to try new ideas and this year we sashayed into August with four beautiful (literally and spiritually) ex-workshop ladies who decided to return for some quiet un-tutored time together ...  All four met here for the first time at various previous workshops and the plan was to bring together a larger group.  In fact, things didn't pan out quite that way, but  having a smaller group for a trial run showed us that l'Espace is, indeed, the perfect venue for a self-catering, creative  group who want an opportunity to bring and share and make together.  

Jone & Becky discuss, inspire, demonstrate and encourage


A Room with a View


Diane's famous donkeys

With the prospect of having l'Espace all to themselves, Oolie, Becky, Diane and Jone flew in from the US, Sweden and Manchester for a week long sabbatical.  The weather was changeable but they managed to keep the huge panoramic door open most of the time, with it's superb view especially towards sunset.  

 

Here are just one or two examples of the simply fab things that the ladies created.  Believe me, this was just the tip of the iceberg......

Oolie's jewels

Becky's monkey motif (+ friend)

More Oolie jewels


Jonie's fairy before and after


See Polkadotponie for more stories........

4 comments:

  1. Katie thank you for posting these photos, they are lovely. I have been following a little via Becky on Facebook but this is lovely. I love the idea of coming to Briancon for a self-initiated stay. Wish I could have been there but Australia is so far away. I really miss France and that fantastic vintage place. Meeting Julie and being at Briancon in 2010 was such a catalyst for me in lots of ways. I'm involved in a market and making more and more (in my own special way, ha :). ) Have a look at my most recent installation at an old fisherman's bar in my town, all made out of tea towels (my obsession): www.jogrant.wordpress.com
    thanks for this post, I loved hearing about it and seeing everything they made in such a short period of time, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh, I can now comment (had a bit of trouble yesterday)

    What a time we had and what a lovely post, dear Katie!
    I am so glad that things worked out as they did and that we were good "guineq pigs" for testing l'Espace.
    I know that we would all have stayed much longer had it been a possibility...... and that we will ALL return next year in one way or another.
    You and Mike are wonderful and we loved being with you again. Thanks for giving us the opportunity - it meant the world to all four of us. And, for me, to be able to drive and become more familiar with the roads and countryside was fantastic. It feels a little more like "home" now and I could almost count the days 'til next summer.
    Love to you and please give Billie and Dean a big hello the next time you see them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katie, to see the pic of Jone and me at the workshop table makes me wanna go back NOW:)
    XX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI KATIE! THANKS FOR THIS LOVELY POST! IT WAS SUCH A JOY TO SPEND TIME IN
    THE STUDIO WITH FRIENDS AND TO BE JOINED BY YOU WAS ICING ON THE CAKE! YOU
    HAVE CREATED SUCH A SPECIAL PLACE - I LIKE BECKY WISH I COULD COME STRAIGHT
    BACK - IN FACT I THINK WE ALL WISHED IT WOULD NEVER END! STILL WE ALL LOOK
    FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR WITH MUCH ENTHUSIASM AND WE WOULD ALL RECOMMEND L'ESPACE
    AS A VENUE FOR A GROUP WHO WANT TO WORK TOGETHER IN BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDS WITH
    THE ADDED FUN OF SHOPPING AND COOKING THEMSELVES - ITS PERFECT.
    MUCH LOVE AND MANY THANKS
    XX
    DI

    ReplyDelete